About the Role
Hilltop Meats is part of the BE Campbell Group and is located in Young, NSW (roughly 1.5 hours drive from Wagga Wagga) To find out more about Young, please visit the following website:
Reporting to the General Manager, this position will see you managing all processes within the production department for the Hilltop Meats site. Your duties will include but are not limited to;
- Oversee the slaughtering, boning, packing and offal processes within the Production Department
- Ensuring quality products are produced in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage Production staffing establishment to ensure adequate resourcing to support production volumes
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Hygiene Practices (GHP) are maintained
- Review production plan on a daily basis to ensure capacity and budget cost allocated is achievable
- Work with Planning Manager to ensure finished goods requirements are achievable
- Manage, coach and develop the department Supervisors to ensure adequate guidance and supervision for all workers on the production floor
- Manage the overtime of production wage staff by reviewing daily hours to ensure its kept within budget labour cost.
- Provide recommendations on labour costs associated with new products when reviewing costings.
- Undertake bench costings to ensure products are meeting budget labour cost requirements.
- Manage and drive yield accuracy throughout production.
Established in 1969, BE Campbell are celebrating our 51st Anniversary. We have grown to be one of Australia's largest family owned meat operations, supplying supermarkets, restaurants, retail butchers, small-goods producers and export channels
We employ over 800 staff and are proud to have won Woolworths Meat Supplier of the Year for 2011, 2012 and 2017.
Our leading edge manufacturing processes and dedicated team produce high quality food products across a range of fresh categories. We operate three sites, with 2 sites located in Western Sydney and 1 site in regional NSW.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to join the team and are ideally looking for the following key skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role/industry
- Tertiary qualifications in Frontline Management or equivalent
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
- Sound organisation skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Proficient skills within all Microsoft Appliances
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Decision making ability
- Ability to identify and drive opportunities
Whats on Offer
The successful candidate can anticipate an excellent salary package coupled with a secure, long term opportunity within a growing family owned company.
The successful candidate can expect strong support from the wider business in order to realise their vision and to help drive further success within the team.
If you are highly motivated and believe this opportunity is right for you please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the apply now button.