About the Role
Hilltop Meats is part of the BE Campbell Group and is located in Young, NSW (roughly 1.5 hours drive from Wagga Wagga) To find out more about Young, please visit the following website:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, this role will be responsible for the overall performance of Hilltop Meats. Through strong leadership, you will develop, implement and drive the company’s strategic direction.
This role will include responsibility for:
- Overseeing workplace health and safety
- Strategic management including developing business plans, budgets and strategies for consideration by the Board
- Providing strategic advice to the Board in relation to critical issues within the industry, including market trends that impact on the organisation
- Identifying and managing operational and corporate risks
- Plant operations management
- Driving a culture of efficiency, accountability and high performance that is underpinned by sound management practices
- Mentoring and providing guidance to direct reports
- Accountability for the overall financial performance and profitability of the organisation
- Working closely with the CFO to review the organisation’s financial performance and identify opportunities for growth and/or areas of concern
- Overseeing site labour costs
Established in 1969, BE Campbell Group are celebrating our 50th Anniversary. We have grown to be one of Australia's largest family owned meat operations, supplying supermarkets, restaurants, retail butchers, small-goods producers and export channels
We employ over 800 staff and are proud to have won Woolworths Meat Supplier of the Year for 2011, 2012 and 2017.
Our leading edge manufacturing processes and dedicated team produce high quality food products across a range of fresh categories. We operate three sites, with 2 sites located in Western Sydney and 1 site in regional NSW.
We are looking for a senior leader with beef industry experience to lead, motivate and develop our Hilltop Meats site of around 140 people.
You will be a confident communicator and influencer who is looking for a long term opportunity with a stable and supportive employer.
We are looking for the following key skills:
- Demonstrated previous Management experience within the beef industry at a senior level
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to motivate and influence people
- Proven ability to identify and drive process improvement and lead organisational change
- High level of business acumen
- Proven decision making skills with the ability to make wise, strategic decisions under pressure
- Sound reporting, budgeting and forecasting skills at a Senior Leadership level
- Sound organisation skills
- Proficient skills within all Microsoft Applications
- Strong analytical skills
What's on Offer
The successful candidate can anticipate a generous salary package, along with a secure and long term opportunity within a growing family owned organisation. A relocation package is available for the right candidate.
BE Campbell believes in providing strong support from the wider business in order to assist you to drive further success within your team.
Apply today by sending us your resume along with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to this role or please feel free to call Kirby Crawford - Recruitment Officer on 02 9725 2233 for further information.